History of Levy United Methodist Church
Hobo dinner, Fretwell's gas station
These newspaper clippings from the Hobo dinner. Also find a photo of the Fretwells gas station.
Levy UMC in WWII
This picture was taken during World War II in front of the old Levy American Legion Hut.
Bill and Lucille Harris
Bill and Lucille Harris were very active lay persons in Arkansas Methodism in the 1960's and 1970's, he as a Lay Speaker and she as a soloists.
The attached pdf file contains pictures from her collection of their travels and appointments. He was a career employee of Missouri Pacific Railroad and they lived in St. Louis the later part of his career.
Bill was a native of Searcy.Lucille is a member of Levy UMC in North Little Rock and lives at Parkstone Retirement Center.
Early History of Levy UMC
The Levy Methodist Church was organized in 1920 by the Reverend C. F. Hively, who was then pastor of the Gardner Memorial Methodist Church. The organization followed immediately after a meeting held in Levy by the late Reverend John S. Hackler.
History of the Disciples Bible school class
The organizational date of what is now the Disciples Sunday School Class is now believed to have been on October 4,1953. The class will he 45 years old on October 4,1998, and 50 years old on October 4, 2003.
Know Your Pastor - news clipping
The Rev. James Lee Pruitt, pastor of the Levy Methodist Church, was born in White County, near Beebe, the son of Hezekiah Charles and Salina Sey Pruitt. His father was a local Methodist preacher and a farmer.